background

Saturday, August 18, 2012

In Love with Mixed Media!

For a while now I've been a fan of Anna Dabrowska (aka Finnabair) and her amazing mixed media layouts. I've been wanting to try it myself but always thought it would be too hard...how wrong I was! I finally took the plunge and I am so totally hooked! Here are a few of the canvases that I have completed this weekend. My next adventure will be starting an art journal...among other products, I will be using Dyan Reavely's Dylusions ink sprays! Gorgeous colours! These two were done using Basic Grey Plumeria papers...beautiful papers! Heather at Younique Country Retreat has asked if I'd like to teach a class to those that would like to try mixed media. These are my samples for the class. I'm very excited about this and I'm pleased with how they turned out. I'll post more details on the class when the date is set. http://www.youniquecountryretreat.com/
This one is an 11" x 13" canvas. I covered the edges with a yellow and red poppy serviette, then layered on DCWV LaCreme papers...then more red poppies. Stamped...modelling paste...acrylic paint. This one is still a work in progress as I'm not satisfied with it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment