Last week I saw Dyan Reavely's demo on YouTube of her new Dylusions Ink Spray Pad...and was immediately fascinated. A few days later I saw Carolyn Dube's video using the ink spray pad. By this time I'm almost beside myself wanting to try it, but haven't had a chance to check out any of the local stores to see if they have it in yet. So this weekend I made my own! I used some fairly dense foam and a plastic food storage container. I sprayed my Dylusions onto the foam and then used a couple of stamps to try it out. ...with mixed results. I think my foam was actually too thick so I will try it again with a thinner piece....unless of course I find the real thing first!
I stamped onto a journal page that I had left unfinished. I had used the new Ronda Palazzari Moroccan Tiles stencil and modeling paste to create texture on the background. I then added random strips from Gelli prints that had been trimmed from another project. Finally, I added some random dots with black ink. I'm not sure if I'll go back and add more to this page yet, but for now I'm liking it.