background

Monday, March 21, 2011

Monochromatic...Incognito Friends

Over the past few weeks I've seen a number of monochromatic layouts that I have loved. I thought I'd give it a try this weekend.

For many years, my DD and her friend (MOD - my other daughter)have had an obsession with sunglasses. It seems to be "their thing" to take pictures of themselves together wearing sunglasses...as if they were stars trying to go incognito. So I've named this layout Incognito Friends Forever.

I chose a soft green for my monochromatic scheme using a variety of papers and accenting them with some cream. I used spiral flowers and even made a bunch of "rosebuds" from 1" circles as well. I painted a Pink Paislee scalloped border embellishment in peridot and added a Prima flourish. I used a piece of embossed photo paper that I had painted in peridot also to tuck behind the doily.

In the end, I'm not sure I would consider this "monochromatic"...but I like it anyway LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment