background

Saturday, September 21, 2013

29 Faces - Face #7

I could watch Vivian Keh (Contandina K) http://contadinak.wordpress.com/ create all day long.  Her work is so inspiring.  I decided to try my hand at some of her techniques.  While not nearly close to Vivian's level I am pretty pleased with the result. I gessoed a sheet of watercolour paper, then used a feather stencil and modeling paste to add texture to the page. I then sketched in the face. I also used a small circle stencil to add additional texture.  I then used a variety of spray inks to add colour, allowing it to drip over the page and modeling paste.  I added some details to the face with a paintbrush dipped in spray inks.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely painting, full of texture, and quite 3-D against the background, a brave colour to use but it really works. I like the idea of the feathers around her face. You have a lovely touch. Sorry I've missed you so far, but I'll be back to catch up.

    ReplyDelete