background

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mega Crop with Younique

On January 21st, my scrapping friend Sandy and I were so excited to attend a MegaCrop in Guelph hosted by Younique Country Retreat. What a fabulous day! Heather and her team kept us well fed and entertained throughout the day...and we got lots of scrapping done as well. Here are my four favourite layouts from the day.

The first is a layout of my DD's friend Laura (Do I Feel Cold?). Rachel photoshopped the pic to add the snow, but it was such a cute picture screaming out for some great snowflake inspired papers. I love the blue/brown combination of this paper, and it was a great time to use my Maya Road chipboard snowflakes.


Another chilly layout, this time of DD Rachel and her friend Melissa and son Cayden. On New Year's Eve they took Cayden ice skating. I guess I was still in a blue/brown mood because I used the same colour scheme for this layout LOL.


I have started working on an album for my sister-in-law, capturing her twin daughters, Lorna and Heather, throughout their childhood. The "girls" are now in their 30s, but it was a lot of fun going through the photos and trying to figure out which one was which. There is still lots to do on this album, but these two pictures of the "dance days" were a great start. It was a lot of fun to choose the colours for these layouts...and a chance to use lots of bling - gotta love that!

For the first one I was able to find a paper that nearly matched perfectly the bodice of Heather's dance outfit. I punched along the edges and weaved embroidery thread through the loops to mimic a corset.

And for the last one, I wanted to add lots of bling to echo the bling on Lorna's oufit. For some reason, this pic called out to me for flowers (maybe I just pictured Lorna dancing in a meadow of flowers for some reason LOL), so I used these beautiful K&Company flowers that I had in my stash.

Well that's it for now. Sandy and I have already signed up for Younique's next MegaCrop on November 10th! Check out the link listed under my favourite places to visit to find out more about the November crop or Heather's B&B Scrapbooking Retreat Weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment