background

Sunday, April 21, 2013

More Fun Than Watching Paint Dry

Actually...it was pretty fun watching paint dry!

I had an idea in my head and wanted to see if it would work.  I wanted to see if multiple layers of paint would yield a certain effect if I let it dry in between and didn't pull any prints.  This was the result...and below I've shown the stages of how I arrived at this result.  It wasn't quite what was in my head, but was fairly close.  I'm not disappointed in the results and will definitely use these prints.

First pull...fall/winter tree

 
Second pull....not at all what I was expecting, but pretty cool nonetheless.
 
 
And this is how I got here.  I started with a thin layer of black and pressed my foam placemat onto it to give me a circular pattern (very hard to see in this pic).
 

Next I added a layer of greens and blue/greens and pressed in the "holey" drywall tape for texture.


The next layer was oranges and reds and cardboard for texture.


The final layer was blue and brown with bubble wrap and swipe of a catalyst tool for texture.
 

I then layed the Crafters Workplace branches stencil on the Gelli plate and took the first print.
 


And the second print


I then added a layer of white and took another print...




There was still some dregs on the plate so I added some light green paint and took a final print.


 
 
So as you can see...watching paint dry can be a whole lot of fun!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment