background

Monday, May 6, 2013

National Scrapbooking Day

On Saturday, my scrapping friend Sandy and I joined about 90 other women at a mega-crop hosted by Younique Bed and Breakfast Retreat.  Lots of fun, food, prizes and scrapping. 

I did a demo on Gelli Plate techniques while I was there and then used one of the prints to make these cards.  I used a technique shown during Carolyn Dube's Gelli Printing online class.  Take a stencil and spray with several colours of Dylusions Spray Ink (or other water-based spray ink).  Let it dry.  Cover your gelli plate with white acrylic paint and then lay the stencil on top, dried ink side down.  The paint reactivates the ink.  Take a print with the stencil on the Gelli Plate.  Then lift the stencil and take another print.  This is the print that I used to make the cards.  I sprayed the oval die cut with Dylusions spray ink.  The hearts I cut from gelli prints.  Added just a little bling and twine around the hearts.  These cards are for a card swap, and my category is "all occasion" or "blank" so I left the tag blank for the recipients to stamp the greeting themselves.



I then managed to do two layouts, both without photos though (still deciding what ones I want to use).  I loved the colours of these papers that were part of the "goodie bag" received at the crop - thanks Heather!

You Mean So Much To Me

 


You Make Me Smile



No comments:

Post a Comment