background

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Long Weekend...tried some new techniques

Welcome to my first post!  I'm so excited...almost as excited as I get shopping for scrapbook supplies or using them to create a layout!

I spent part of my long weekend trying new techniques and ending with getting together on Monday with my scrapping friend, Sandy.  We dropped into The Scrapping Turtle and picked up a few things and then headed back to her place to scrap (I had packed my scrapping kit just in case she was up for an afternoon of scrapbooking...like I had to even ask).  Over the past few weeks we've been making our own embellishments, mostly flowers, but a few other things as well.

On Friday, I had lunch with a friend and while I was standing waiting for our table, I noticed a tiled wall in beautiful shades of blues and greys.  Of course, my mind quickly went to "how could I recreate that look for a layout?".  When I got home I looked through my paper stacks and found some blue, grey and cream papers that I liked.  I cut them into little squares, inked the edges and glued them to a piece of cream cardstock.  Then I used Glossy Accents to cover each square and let it dry.  I loved the tile effect that it gave.  As this was my first attempt at trying this effect I consider it a work in progress, but I've already thought of ways to improve the look and plan on another attempt this week which I will chronicle with photos and post them soon.

On Sunday, I used my Silhouette and cut out a whole bunch of flower shapes from various colours of patterned paper.  On Monday, I took these with me and inked, smooshed, blinged, spritzed, curled....you get the idea.  I will also photograph and post these soon.

The last technique I tried on Monday was to take a piece of foil (the stuff you buy to cover food) and I embossed it.  Then I used Glimmer Mist on it....and then some Ranger Alcohol Inks....and then I tore the edges for a slightly ragged look.  I then glued the foil to a piece of watercolour paper that I had previously sprayed with Glimmer Mists and inked.  I loved the look of a metallic relief tile.  Again...more pics to take and post when I do this again.




No comments:

Post a Comment