background

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Love

Sunday afternoon and it snowed again last night.  I know I shouldn't moan about it as we actually get off lighter than a lot of other areas...but I've had enough and am ready to see some green grass and spring flowers.

A few weeks ago, I picked up a sheet of "Pixie Garden" from Prima's Fairy Flora Collection.  The minute I saw it I could picture several things I wanted to try.  I knew I wanted to use the distressed foil mentioned in my first post, as well as some of the flowers I made last weekend, on this page.  A few years ago a family friend took this picture of Rachel and I.  Every time I look at it I'm overwhelmed with the love that only a mother can have for her daughter.

I stripped off the covering layer of a piece of corrugated cardboard, sprayed it with Glimmer Mists, distressed it with brown and black inks (both across the body and around the edges) and finally smeared some gold and copper Stickles across the cardboard.  I found a complimentary pattern on a sheet from a K&Company Designer Mat Pad and tucked it behind the photo and the cardboard.  I placed a flourish cut on my Silhouette on the side and then added my flowers.   The black word "love" is from KI Memories Inc.  Lastly...I added the bling...an assortment of sizes of gold "gems".  The layout is posted below with a few closeups.




No comments:

Post a Comment