background

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Whole Week to Myself to Play

I am taking a week of vacation with no plans other than to be creative...whether it be pages in my art journal, a canvas or two...and even some cooking. Day 1...a double page in my art journal and a single page finished from the other day. Dream...the double page...love the teal, yellow and black colour combination, I used a variety of stamps and stencils and even found some old BoBunny arrow rub-ons to use as well. I had a few tags in my stash so cut these and pasted them to the page.
The single page is a collage of Thresa Collins Designs "World Traveler" papers from a 6x6 pack in blacks, greys and reds. Lots of gesso, acrylic paint and stamps.
Day 2 is here...and today's art journal page started as a single page. I collaged the page with an assortment of papers in yellow, blue/teal and brown. I then whitewashed the page with acrylic paint after blocking out the words so that they would stand out. Stencils sprayed using Dylusions ink sprays, lots of stamps and some circles and dripping ink and I thought I was finished. As I was spraying the stencils I would rub off the stencils on the opposite page. I was going to leave it and come back to it another day...but soon found myself adding some more stencils sprayed with Black Marble Dylusions. I sat the book up on my mantel and looked at it from time to time during the afternoon. I finally decided that it needed a bit more yellow, so I added a few sprays of Dylusions Lemon Zest.
Tomorrow is Wednesday and already my head is working through some ideas I'd like to try. Can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment