background

Monday, September 3, 2012

Long Weekend of Art and Scrapping!

I spent the long weekend marking the end of summer painting...playing in my art journal and scrapping...could it have been any more perfect! The first one I did was this canvas. Last weekend was our company family picnic. We covered the tables with kraft paper and a lot of the kids were drawing. One 10 year old, Samantha, drew the cartoonish character and I asked if I could have it. I asked her dad what colour her bedroom was and then used the pink and purple theme to do the canvas. I used Dylusions spray inks and an assortment of pink papers. I think it looks a bit like a dance sequence in a cartoon high school. I hope she likes it!
On Saturday morning, my scrapping friend Sandy and I went to St. Jacobs for breakfast and then for some scrappy shopping. Sandy then came back to the house and I got her to try some mixed media...and now I think she's hooked! These are the two pieces that I did... The first one was an 8x10 canvas using Dylusions ink sprays, an Eiffel Tower pattern serviette and an assortment of papers and stamps.
The next one was a journal page using Dylusions ink sprays, a floral pattern serviette and an assortment of stamps.
On Sunday I did this double journal page using Dylusions ink sprays and an assortment of stamps. I had a Bugaboo stamp that I fussy-cut and painted with Dylusions ink sprays and adhered to one side. On the other side I added some butterflies cut from a serviette and modge podged them to the page. I even stamped using the bottom of a flip-flop sandal from the dollar store (the stripes around the edge).
On Monday, I re-did a layout I had worked on a couple of weeks ago for a co-worker that had had a new baby. I wasn't happy with the original, but couldn't put my finger on what I wanted it to look like. The final design is similar to the original, with the little squares...I just reduced the size of the squares, added faux stitching around the edge, matted the photo with dark blue and white, and also added some circles with white and blue acrylic paint. I am much happier with it now.
Next I did two journal collage pages. They are side by side and I kept going back and forth between them as I chose paper and inks etc. The first was an assortment of papers that I then embellished with some dripping Dylusions ink sprays and acrylic paints and random letter stickers.
The last one was inspired by a damask patterned tissue paper. I added a piece of a paper doily...some random papers in black and whites...a few creams. More sprays and inks (sprayed using a doily and some punchanella as masks) and a bit of acrylic paint. The title on this one is Today is Perfect...because it was...a great way to spend a weekend getting inky and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment