background

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Faces #17 & #18 - Exotic

Two more faces completed for the 29 Faces Challenge.  These started as just a couple of pencil sketches that I ended up adding some watercolour crayons to in order to provide colour to the headpiece.  I recently saw some beautiful fabrics and was reminded of these gorgeous headwraps worn by African women, so this was the inspiration for these two faces.  The first one I started on a page that I had stamped a couple of sample stampings (the pattern on the bottom of a child's flip flop sandal) as it was just meant to be a scribble page...soon became a full face and I kind of liked the stamping on it. I've also been watching Carolyn Dube's (A Colourful Journey) videos on Use Your Words so I used a stencil and more watercolour crayons to add the word Exotic.


The second one was my practice for a face in profile.  I like the colours of this one.


2 comments: